Friday, February 27, 2009

EJs Walk to the Park

I've lived in Colorado for over 20 years, and have never thought of it as a windy place. Until this year. The wind has been ridiculous! Anytime we have a warm day, it's ruined by the wind. A couple of days ago I went out on our porch mid-morning, and it was a gorgeous, sunny, 60 degrees. With no wind! I decided to put EJ in the stroller and go for a walk. Except when I opened my trunk I realized we had left the stroller in Brandon's car over the weekend. The park is pretty close, so I figured I could just carry Ellis over and let her walk a little bit. Well, she ended up walking the WHOLE way over there by herself. Like I said, it's not that far. If I was any good at estimating distance, I'd give an estimate, but I'm not, so I won't even try. But for little one year old legs, it's a pretty good hike! It took us quite awhile, but she had a great time exploring and picking things up - sticks, rocks, dead grass. She even got her first skinned knee and didn't shed a tear! She's pointing it out in one of the pictures.

Luckily we went before lunch time, because it was a very windy afternoon!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Cute!! I LOVE Children's Place dresses. Love the pigtails too! I agree about the wind... what is up this year? It is horrible. I can handle alot of weather but the wind has been nasty!

The Hooper Family said...

The collage looks great :) I love the middle picture of EJ! At least you guys have some mountains in Colorado to break the wind a little...it's been miserable here!