Sunday, October 25, 2009

Restaurant Night

Tonight Hope decided that she and Ellis were going to set up their own little restaurant.  Usually this involves me sitting and having to read a fake menu and give a fake order and pretend to eat fake food.
 
One of the things I would love to change about my parenting is my desire or lack of thereof  to play "pretend" games.  So, while I would have participated out of obligation and Mommy guilt, I didn't have to! 

Hope made up a whole menu and was sure to put spaghetti as "Sunday's Special", since that was what we were having anyway.  They got out their little table and put on and I quote "a fine tablecloth", and sat and waited for dinner.  All I had to do was serve which I would have been doing anyway and they thought it was great to sit at their own table!



Brandon and I kind of enjoyed having a table to ourselves too!

3 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

We do this often...well everynight. Lucy and Laney sit together at their table and we sit together at ours. They eat so much better that way. And it gives Kev and I a chance to actually have a complete conversation!

KBAT said...

No shirt, no service!

Jeanie said...

No shirt is a good idea the way EJ eats spaghetti.