Thursday, July 9, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

Lots of reasons why I haven't blogged in awhile, but I won't waste time listing them. We made it through the move, mostly intact, and still alive, which is all I can really ask for when moving. Except for a big booking mess with U-Haul (who I will never use again) and a car break in, all went fairly well. Due to Brandon's dilligence, we were pretty much unpacked and settled within the week. This has meant many late nights, and not much computer time not even time for Facebook. I've also been very busy with work and Hope's swim team and Hope's rehearsals, and all the normal day to day stuff. Enough excuses . . .

We are going on a little trip tomorrow to Hobbs, NM, where Brandon and I first met, almost 20 years ago! It's his 15th high school reunion and he is really looking forward to going "home" and seeeing lots of old friends he hasn't seen in a long time. I'm looking forward to a whole weekend of just Brandon and I although I'm already missing the girls who are staying at Jill's tonight b/c of our early flight. It's been a LONG time since we've had a weekend alone!

When we get back Brandon will be starting his NEW JOB yay! yay! yay! as a financial advisor for Edward Jones. I'm so proud of him for pressing through and finding this great opportunity in such a terrible job market. I know he's going to do great!! He'll be super busy for the first few years, but we keep reminding ourselves that he'll still be around more than if he were still playing baseball.

I know there have been lots of things going on the last couple of weeks that I'll wish I would have blogged about when I can't recall them in the future. I'll just have to deal with it. Tonight there's packing to be done and sleep to be had before our early morning departure!

More next week . . .

No comments: