Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Whoever it was that created Mother's Day was a VERY smart woman! What a great day! Mine started off with "breakfast in bed". As most things are, in this house full of girls, it was a little dramatic - apparently Ellis had wrinkled the present that Hope had made for me, which resulted in Hope screaming and running from the room before I was even able to open my eyes. We got through it, as we always do, and I enjoyed a wonderful pancake breakfast!

Later, Mom, Jill, Leah and I went for pedicures and lunch. We had a great time and enjoyed the relaxation and pampering. To see a pic of our beautiful toes, check out Mom's blog here!

Throughout the day, my wonderful husband did wonderful things around the house. Things like laundry, and vacuuming, and cooking dinner! Not only was this a gift for today, but for tomorrow, as Monday is my usual "laundry day"! I did almost none of my "motherly" duties today - Hope even got Ellis dressed for me:

Not too bad. ;-)

Although it can be demanding, exhausting, and, some days, make me want to pull out all of my hair, being a mother is the best job in the WHOLE entire world. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel so blessed to be the mother of 2 such remarkable girls! Big thanks for a great day!

No comments: