Saturday, January 17, 2009

Big Girl

When EJ was born I had hoped that I could nurse her for a year and skip the whole formula thing, but said I would be happy if we got through six months. Well, here we are at 1 year, two weeks and we are officially DONE!
It's very liberating to know I don't always need to be around at bedtime, or get up with her at 5:30 in the morning, or be the only one she reaches for when she feels hungry, or lug the big, heavy pump around everytime I'm going to be gone for more than 4 hours.
But, still . . . tears come to my eyes when I realize that I don't need to be around at bedtime or get up with her at 5:30 in the morning, or that I won't be the only one she reaches for when she feels hungry. There's nothing I'll miss about the big, heavy pump.
I guess this is what they're supposed to do . . . grow up. Sometimes I just wish it didn't have to happen so fast.

1 comment:

rachel said...

that's awesome that you nursed her so long. such a small price we pay for such a big blessing when we look back.