Saturday, September 10, 2011

L5 S1

Shortly after moving into our new house, Brandon had surgery for a herniated disk.  It included a day and night in the hospital; followed by 6 weeks of lifting, twisting, and bending restrictions.  He's really ready for the 6 weeks to be over so he can stop wearing his back brace and get back to more normal activity.  The kids and I are also ready for the 6 weeks to be over because he is not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds, which means he can't pick them up, which means I cannot leave him at home alone with the kids unless Beck is asleep and is definitely going to stay asleep until I get home.  My mom has been over a lot to "babysit" everyone, so she will probably also be glad when the 6 weeks is over.  Hope has also been a huge help and if she is going to be home she can handle Beck and I can get out if I need to.  Big Pappy, I'm sure, is also ready for the 6 weeks to be over because he's been mowing our lawn every Wednesday.  This is a very kind gesture, as he hasn't even mowed his own lawn for the past 20 years!

Here are a few pics of the hospital stay. Brandon's going to love me for this! :)
 Pre-Op
 1st time up after surgery
 Testing out the stairs

"Will you stop taking pictures already?"
(or something not quite that nice)


No comments: