Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Day of "School"

EJ had her first "Mom's Day Out" on Friday.  She was so excited!  She had been talking about it for weeks and couldn't wait to go.  Everytime we would drive by the church where it is held, she would point and say "There's my school!"  She talked about what she would do and who else would be there.

Then reality hit.  Mom was actually going to leave!  We had talked about this and, in theory, she was fine with it.  Once it came down to it, however, she was NOT happy.  One of the teachers actually had to pry her off of me as she screamed, "I don't want to stay at school!"  With reassurance that they would call if she didn't calm down in just a few minutes, I reluctantly walked to my car.  Hope happened to have the day off of school and so she got to come with me to take EJ.  She kept wanting to go back and "spy" on her to see if she was better.

2 hours later it was time to pick her up.  Hope and I got there a little early and sat in the parking lot to spy as EJ played on the playground.  She was having a blast!  When we finally got out of the car and she saw us, she just smiled and kept on playing.  She didn't want to leave.

First day of "school" - SUCCESS!!  Hopefully next Friday's drop-off won't be so dramatic.

1st Day pictures of my big girl:

All ready to go!

Heading in!

Look what I made!


In Baby News:  We're just waiting on the little man to let us know he's ready.  After a scare a couple of weeks ago, when we didn't feel at ALL ready for him to be here, we figured we better get prepared.  We came home from the hospital and our bags have been packed ever since.  Now that we are ready, he is as content as can be in there!  I am 37 weeks 4 days, so hopefully he'll be here in the next couple of weeks.  We're excited to meet him!  Here's a pic from the night we thought he was going to make his entrance:

If the current frequency of my posts continues, maybe the next one will include pics of the last little member of our family!

2 comments:

Marie said...

CUTE!!! She looks like such a big girl... love the pigtails:) You will have to tell me where she is going.... Sophia will be that age next year and maybe I can get her in:) Good luck and prayers for you!! Can't wait to meet baby boy:)

Betty W said...

Ha. I thought for sure,when I saw your blog on my reader, you were going to post he was already there. I wish you the best for the coming birth.
EJ is such a cutie! I´m glad she had fun at her first day of "school". She looks so grown up!